Skip to content

Current International Students

F-1 Student Visa Holders

Most University of Hartford international students hold an F-1 non-immigrant student visa.  F-1 students must prove that they are able to support themselves during their stay in the U.S., as their opportunities for legal employment are limited.  Full-time study is required.  

F-1 students are responsible for maintaining their F-1 status while in the US.  

J-1 Student Visa Holders 

The J visa’s formal name is the Exchange Visitor Program. To learn more about what the Program is and how it is different from other non-immigrant visas you can find the most up-to-date information posted on the State Department web site. J-1 student status will allow you to remain in the U.S. for the duration of your full-time academic program. J-1 Students must have a substantial portion of their funding from a source other than personal.

J-1 students are responsible for maintaining their J-1 status while in the US.